Hi, Ralf,

one of the goals of the change process (mailing list announcements and
discussion we have right here) is to identify various impacts of the
change and also to find better wording for it (including the title).
So you shouldn't feel cheated, just contribute your thoughts and
suggest the corrections.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:36 AM Ralf Corsepius <rc040...@freenet.de> wrote:

> On 6/21/19 7:26 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Stop_Building_i686_Kernels
> >
> > == Summary ==
> > Stop building i686 kernels, reduce the i686 package to a
> > kernel-headers package that can be used to build 32bit versions of
> > everything else.
>
> How does this affect the i386 as secondary architecture?
>
> Actually, I feel this proposal is a violoent cheat and should actually
> be entitled: Drop i386 as secondary architecture.

I think that "No More i686 Kernels or bootable images" describes the
change better.

I searched through docs [1], [2], [3] and didn't find the definition
for the secondary architecture which would fit the current case, thus
"Drop as secondary architecture" would be confusing here.
We do keep the i686 user-space packages, which means that we don't
drop the architecture completely. And I think it makes sense to
highlight it, especially with the recent news on the topic from Ubuntu
world.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures#Structure
[2]
https://developer.fedoraproject.org/deployment/secondary_architectures/about.html