> Fedora installations on systems with CPUs which are not able to
> execute AVX2 instructions will not be able to upgrade.

So it looks like Fedora would no longer work on my laptop from 2013. I
could probably switch the laptop over to CentOS, but that would
restrict my ability to work on Fedora stuff. A significant part of my
Fedora work over the years has been done on that laptop. With this
change I would only be able to do Fedora work at home on my new
workstation. When a good Internet connection is available I suppose I
could SSH home and perform some tasks, but that would be more
cumbersome, which would reduce the likelihood that I'd get the work
done.

And no, I'm not going to dump a perfectly serviceable laptop in a
landfill just to accommodate Fedora.

Björn Persson