Miro Hrončok wrote:

> On 16. 07. 19 19:25, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> At the very least, we need a python2-unversioned-command (and
>> python-unversioned-command in existing releases needs to Provide it so
>> that we don't have to add yet another %if boilerplate snippet) so the
>> packages can keep building as intended by upstream.
>
> No we don't.

So how do you propose I build Qt 4 qtwebkit now?

* The package is no longer supported by upstream, so it will never be fixed
  upstream.
* It has dozens of build scripts expecting python to be Python 2.
* Dozens of applications still depend on it, so dropping it is not an
  option.

Having a python2-unversioned-command available (conflicting with the default
python-unversioned-command) would make for a quick fix to keep it building.
Any other alternative looks highly impractical to me.

        Kevin Kofler