Hi,

> That only works properly on distros that implement the boot loader
> spec and the boot loader interface properly:
>
> https://systemd.io/BOOT_LOADER_SPECIFICATION
> https://systemd.io/BOOT_LOADER_INTERFACE

Thanks for the links, I looked briefly when you replied but figured
I'd need a quiet setup since this is unfamiliar territory. I have
finally read both documents, and they are very accessible even to
someone without prior knowledge.

> Unfortunately, Fedora/grub do not support either.
>
> (Which is a pity of course, since it also means there's no working
> "systemctl --boot-loader-entry=" support in Fedora, nor "sytemctl
> kexec" support).

I see. Do I understand from reading the specification that it was put
together during the Fedora 18 days? Do I understand from reading the
boot loader interface documented that systemd supported all this in
the f18 days too?

Thanks,
Dridi