On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 1:40 AM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:

> I wrote:
> >> But what about the die-hard NNTP users? You entirely ignored my post to
> >> which you are supposedly replying.
>
> Gerald B. Cox replied:
> > I believe there is a plugin for that with Discourse:
> > https://meta.discourse.org/t/sync-discourse-with-nntp/58602
>
> It would be great to get that deployed on Fedora Infrastructure.
>
> While I'm not convinced that it will work as well as for the mailing
> lists,
> it would definitely be better than nothing (i.e., the status quo).

Yeah, the issue I think with NNTP and with mailman, hyperkitty, etc. is
there appears to be a lack of innovation, development - and when it does
happen, it happens at a snails pace.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that certainly
appears to be the case from what I saw reading through feature requests,
etc.  Technologies like Discourse, etc. have a more active development
community and the popularity of older technogies is decreasing.  No, I
don't believe mail or usenet is going away anytime soon, but the feature
set is going to remain pretty static - with the new feature sets going to
things like Discourse.  I did search on knode and found that development
was discontinued - and there isn't really a plethora of nntp clients
available - as there was decades ago.  People generally have moved on.