On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 12:57 PM Christopher <ctubb...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> At the very least, it'd be nice if anaconda had an option to select
> the default firewalld zone during installation,

A somewhat related feature that was rejected by FESCo
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SecurityPolicyInTheInstaller
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-March/196666.html

Neat idea. But complicates an already complicated installer. Many
about balancing out users even though they liked the overall idea.

Working group members have to make UI/Ux judgements all the time, and
things not going the way you would have is not a good enough reason to
impugn those making these decisions. You could have just said you
disagree. But you went much further. You assert there is not only a
lack of respect for the community, but that is it a complete lack. 0%.
Not even 50/50?

Again, hyperbole, that cannot be taken seriously, because it does not
withstand even a little bit of scrutiny.

I'm recently a member on the Workstation working group, I know the
members on it. The reason why everyone is on it is because they care
very much about, and respect the community immensely, and demonstrate
it with deliberation and significant effort.

It's not good enough to just say things forcefully and expect that
people will agree as if you're a hammer, and they're a nail. You have
to work harder than you are working, if your goal really is to be
persuasive.

--
Chris Murphy