There is no either right or wrong stance here. We are discussing possible
alternatives to "just drop it" attitude.

What work should be done? Please, be more specific. Right now I'm running a
i686 userland and it works. If I would be able to build the whole repository
myself I'm pretty sure that most things will still work. If it won't work I
might try to fix it and contribute patches back. But without that repository I
can't even try it in the first place.

You are just pushing me and others away, so we should go use other
distributions which provide ready to run builds. And I'm not talking about i686
*kernel* anywhere. We are talking about *userland* only. I'm running 64-bit CPU
all along, but I have limited memory. Others could use laptops with restricted
memory which would be a performance hit if they start using x86_64 userland.

You are not providing any alternative but starting to build everything
ourselves or stop using Fedora and move elsewhere.