On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 2:41 PM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 01:28:37PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > 1) This will be solved by the new Koji/MBS feature that we've
> > codenamed "Ursa Prime" (as a replacement for the original "Ursa Major"
> > tool that was built for RHEL 8). Unlike its predecessor, it requires
> > no additional daemon service running to handle things. We will create
> > a buildroot compose for each release that is created from the set of
> > packages available from all of the default streams and both Koji (in
> > infra) and mock (on packager systems) will be able to consume this.
> > Koji will behave the same as mock, where it will rely on libdnf's
> > default module stream handling to populate the buildroot, so we won't
> > have to worry about disparities between the local and infrastructure
> > packager experiences.
>
> How would this act in the case where a default stream depends on a
> non-default stream?

The idea is that it would act exactly the same way that dnf on the
local system would act: if you builddep software from a stream that
requires a non-default stream, it would enable that non-default
stream.

> (And how would restricting default streams to only be able to depend on
> default streams change things?)

There wouldn't need to be a behavior change; this is all done at the
libdnf layer; it just means that there is less available software in
the buildroot (since we'd necessarily have to exclude anything that
would conflict).