Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 11:23:11 -0500

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 05:13, Peter Robinson <pbrobin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to know why people are pushing EPEL-8 builds without engaging
> > with the maintainers of the packages. I've had a few packages where
> > I'm the only maintainer and I've explicitly not built them for EPEL-8
> > for reasons yet people are now coming without any engagement what so
> > ever and building them where they won't have to support the packages
> > no understand why the maintainer hasn't built them in the first place.

I may be one of those people, as I recently needed Xapian bindings for EPEL
8 for a few of my own packages. It may have been my mistake, but my
assumption so far was that if I were to ask for the creation of the EPEL 8
branch for any given package, I would automatically become a
(co-)maintainer for that branch. So, of course, in my head, but I thought
it was the case more formally too, I have become a (co-)maintainer of
Xapian at least on EPEL 8. And if you need some help for other branches,
count me in.

Sorry for the miscommunication, if any. I naively thought that the
interactions on Pagure and Bugzilla (where those EPEL 8 branches were
requested in the first place: any change on those Bugzilla records trigger
emails to all the stakeholders; so, nothing has been hidden here) were
explicit enough, and didn't want to bother you by duplicating those
messages.

And if, for any reason of your own, you do not wish my continuing to be a
co-maintainer of Xapian on at least EPEL 8, then be it; we will have to
find a solution or I'll have to orphan my own packages on EPEL 8 altogether.

Kind regards

Denis