Hello Dominik,

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 7:40 PM Dominik Mierzejewski
<domi...@greysector.net> wrote:

> On Saturday, 23 November 2019 at 13:52, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
> [...]
> > Now I'd argue that the changes in v3.0.0 would be worth bending the
> > rules and updating everything in stable Fedora branches, but that is
> > just unrealistic. Do you all think we could at least make it in time
> > for f32?
>
> I think yes. Let's start a copr project for this. I don't have much
> time right now, so go ahead and start one if you do. Otherwise I'll
> get to it within the next few weeks.

I'm in pretty much in the same situation time-wise, I will have some
more time after 2-3 weeks, but I'll try to go over things during the
weekends.

> Link-time dependencies:
[…]
> gnome-chemistry-utils
This has been on life support for quite some time now, but I'm fairly
optimistic, it always gets a band-aid when push comes to shove, albeit
a bit late. At this moment I think there's also a bug when running on
Wayland.

> molsketch
The patch for openbabel-3.0.0 is not yet merged, but it's getting there.

> xdrawchem
Last commit was a little under three years ago, it will probably
require patching downstream.

> Run-time dependencies:
[…]
> chemtool
More than 4 years since its last update, don't see that getting fixed
upstream either.

I'll try to do a more thorough research this weekend, which parts of
openbabel are used by which program and also look at other
distributions.

Best regards,
Alex