John M. Harris Jr wrote:
> On Friday, December 6, 2019 10:05:42 AM MST Przemek Klosowski via devel
> wrote:
>> Many systems have 8, 16 or even 32GB of RAM now. Mine has 16GB, and and
>> I regularly run out of memory because some Chrome tab is open to a
>> website that keeps reloading ads and leaking memory, sometimes consuming
>> gigabytes per tab.
>
> I could only suggest not to use proprietary software, such as Chrome.

I agree, but in this case, I doubt that it will be any better with Falkon
(which is based on the same code), unless you block the ads (which you can
also do with the proprietary Chrome, though I guess you need a third-party
extension there, whereas Falkon supports it out of the box).

That said, I run with 16 GiB RAM and 32 GiB swap and I don't have websites
eating any swap (with Falkon).

        Kevin Kofler