On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 14:53 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what are the gcc 10 plans for Fedora 32? Will there be a change
> proposal for
> that? Is Fedora 32 the target for gcc 10?
Plan is for gcc-10 to be the compiler for F32.  We coordinate with the
Fedora leaders on this each year as part of green-lighting the spring
mass rebuild (which doesn't start until after the gcc update).

Typically rawhide gets the GCC update in late Jan/early Feb.

> I remember that gcc was updated to 9 during Fedora 30 cycle without a
> change
> proposal and the change proposal was submitted later, after the
> deadline and
> after gcc was already updated.
>
> I'd like to avoid repeating this situation.
Updating gcc yearly for the spring Fedora release is standard
procedure.  However, we should still be filing the change proposals.

> If you already have a place to test our packages with gcc 10 (such as
> a copr
> with gcc snapshot), please do tell, I'd like to see what Python
> versions are
> impacted.
I have very rough packages I use in my tester.  I'm happy to point you
to them, but be aware they (for example) claim to be gcc-9 at the RPM
level.

file.rdu.redhat.com:~law/public_html/repo.Snapshot has the latest bits.
I typically update it Sunday nights to the latest gcc snapshot.

jeff