The Minimization Objective[1] has been going on for a while. There are two
high-level goals: making things smaller, and keeping things smaller. On the
keeping smaller side, the team prototyped a service called Feedback
Pipeline [2] that monitors use cases for their installation size and
dependencies, including a size history. This will help us see bigger
changes in size for things the community cares about [3].

I already got some feedback from a few individuals I asked while developing
it, but I feel it's in a good enough state for a more broad feedback. So I
have a few questions:

1/ We plan to send weekly size updates to the devel list. Would that be
useful? What should they include?

2/ Regarding the use cases [4], especially the container ones, could people
please review and give feedback to those? Are all the packages there
actually required? I'm specifically looking at the "nss_wrapper" package
that drags in Perl and cmake which makes it huge.

3/ Are there any other use cases we should track? I'm sure there are!

4/ And a more general one: is there something you're working on that's
related Minimization? Please let me know.

Cheers,
Adam

PS: The service is a prototype, so please excuse if there are some rough
edges — like the history graph showing multiple values of the same color.
If you happen to be interested to contribute, I'd be glad to accept issues
(or even PRs!) in the repo [5].

[1] Objective: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/minimization/
[2] Feedback Pipeline: https://minimization.github.io
<https://minimization.github.io/reports/>\
[3] Things the community cares about: There is an initial list [4] of use
cases defined by the Minimization Team, and we're now looking for feedback
and suggestions for new ones.
[4] Use cases:
https://minimization.github.io/reports/view--use-cases-definitions.html
[5] Feedback Pipeline repo: