On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 2:31 AM Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-12-16 at 16:52 -0700, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
> > I've offered to take on responsibility for these tests in this thread,
> and I'm
> > still open to that. This is still important to many users, and I'm more
> than
> > happy to volunteer my time to support those users.
>
> If we can actually rely on you to show up and do these tests - within,
> remember, sometimes a very short time frame - that'd be great. However,
> we've gone through this loop before with some other criteria (we
> propose dropping them, someone complains and promises to do the
> testing, then doesn't actually do it in the end) enough times that we'd
> be a bit cautious about this. Still, we have F32 Beta coming up quite
> soon, we could potentially delay this feature and see how that goes -
> see if anyone besides RH Fedora QE staff shows up to run the tests...

I think having community help with optical testing shouldn't really affect
the outcome of the proposal. We claim that the importance of optical media
has diminished and it's now below the threshold for granting it a
release-blocking status. That's not really affected by whom executes the
tests. I'm really interested to know what the community and FESCo thinks
about this, and that's why this proposal is useful.
If we keep blocking on optical media, we'll need to keep verifying it, and
of course any community help will be very appreciated. If we stop blocking
on it, we'll be able to run the test just optionally when we have spare
time, and of course any community help will still be very appreciated.