On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 10:14 AM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <
zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 10:45:07AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 10:11 AM Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Even with this proposal, how do we deal with system upgrades? In the
> > system upgrade case, we don't really want these restarts to run,
> > because the system will be rebooted anyway... These kinds of questions
> > are why I didn't propose porting over what we did in OpenMandriva to
> > Fedora. It's rather wasteful in a rather common case...
>
> I'm not sure if skipping restarts on upgrade is worth the trouble. It
> should be quite simple to implement (e.g. by having the restart scriptlet
> check if the systemd target has been diverted to system-update.target),
> but restarting of services would most likely take only a small fraction
> of time required for the upgrade anyway.

Maybe it should only restart the service if it's already running. In the
case of an upgrade it's a special target, right?

Actually that's probably a good idea anyway. If I have stopped a service
(even if it's enabled) then it should not be restarted on upgrade.

Thanks,
Richard