Hello,

Can someone please explain why gdb dlopen()'s librpm instead of just
doing proper compile-time linking? Best I can tell, our patches to GDB
support both modes, and it seems to be unnecessarily painful for us to
have to track the soversion like that instead of just letting it pick
it up.

I noticed this while working on GDB packaging for a couple of other
distributions that sync from our package in Fedora (Mageia,
OpenMandriva), and while rebasing to RPM 4.15, I had to go and
manually change things.

This doesn't make sense, and I'm not sure why we're doing this in
Fedora... Anybody know?