On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:43 PM Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/EnableFSTrimTimer
>
> == Summary ==
> Enabling fstrim.timer will cause fstrim.service to execute weekly,
> which in turn executes `/usr/sbin/fstrim --fstab --verbose --quiet`
>

> == Owner ==
> * Name: [[User:chrismurphy| Chris Murphy]]

A bit late, but I just want to say thank you, Chris, for pushing this
forward. TRIM by default is long overdue in Fedora, I think. It has a big
impact on SSDs speed and longevity. I'd love to see mounting with "discard"
by default, but I understand there are various issues with poor TRIM
implementations. Weekly discard of empty space is the next best alternative.