On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 5:47 pm, Lennart Poettering <mzerq...@0pointer.de> wrote:
Yes, l-m-m is great. If we can deploy l-m-m today already, why isn't
it good enoug for earlyoom?

GMemoryMonitor is the GLib API that's implemented using low-memory-monitor's D-Bus API.

In practice, using it for OOM killing is not that great, though. We've rejected this approach because the OOM killing is causing serious problems and there are no plans to fix it: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/hadess/low-memory-monitor/issues/8. Therefore most likely we'll use l-m-m only for advisory memory pressure notifications.