On 22. 01. 20 14:12, Florian Weimer wrote:
* Miro Hrončok:

On 22. 01. 20 11:21, Florian Weimer wrote:
* Felix Schwarz:

Personally I guess github would attract most contributions for Fedora
from new contributors but it is closed source so I'd prefer gitlab for
Fedora.

I don't think Github allows disabling pull requests for projects.  This
means that a ptoential Fedora Github service would host content
submitted by people who have to agreed to the FPCA
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Fedora_Project_Contributor_Agreement>.

Maybe that alone is sufficient to rule out Github?

We are not the first project to deal with this. Usually, i is sovled
by pots. See for example:

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/16012#issuecomment-530664428

Does this really work?

This pull request still has the “CLA not signed” label:

   <https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/18111>

And is not merged.

But this is not shown clearly in the commit:

   <https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/d6fd38e2a47af1e75>

The red X isn't a relevant indicator.  This commit was merged and has it,
too:

   <https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/0d5eac8c327251f8e>

The red X doesn't mean “CLA not signed”, it means any CI has failed. CPython allows merges with some CI failed, they have a very complicated setup with lots of lots of CIs, buildbots and a "night watch" about his. Not relevant for this discussion.

I don't know if the branch list (the “master” below the commit subject)
is a reliable indicator.

Of what? CPython frequently cherry-picks, so in this case, no, it probably
isn't.

This is why I think the bot-based approach needs some review.  I also
think it's quite rude.  The whole FPCA thing feels strange these days.
Hopefully there is a better way to make sure that contributions are
intended as such.

It is quite rude, yes. So is the PAgure settings to enforce Signed off by commits (especially for repos that don't describe what are you signing off).

This thing is not easy indeed.

--
Miro Hrončok