On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 5:07 PM Bill Chatfield via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to find out what's going on with Java in Fedora. Fedora 31 was
> released with a broken Eclipse. I subscribe to the java-devel mailing list
> but there is no traffic there. If I go to "Join a Group" and click on "J"
> there is simply nothing there...

Some of the Java problems are upstream. I've been sending patches to
vendors for patching their package deployments to cooperate with
Fedora and Red Hat since.....I published hooks to get Sun JDK to fit
into JPackage in 2013, and last submitted patches to a Java vendor to
fix Fedora and RHEL integration 2 months ago. I can't even get them to
*name the RPM file the same thing as the installed RPM*, a mistake Sun
was doing since they first published an RPM and which I considered a
sign of why people gave up on their Java, and one repeated by several
Java publishers for no rational reason. OpenJDK has been a very
effective replacement for commercial Javas, and at least one vendor,
Azul, provides commercial support for a repackaged OpenJDK referred to
as "Zulu JDK".

Perhaps Azul developers or packagers could be encouraged to
participate in a Java SIG? Does anyone have personal contact with
them?