On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:07:55AM -0500, Randy Barlow wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 09:43 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Also AIUI fedpkg chain-build doesn't work except in
> > Rawhide, although I'm not sure why that is?
>
> It doesn't work in stable because you need to create buildroot
> overrides for each dependency before you can proceed with building the
> next package, and fedpkg chain-build doesn't create the BROs.
>
> However, I think the multi-package gating can do this now that it
> exists, because AFAIK you should be able to chain-build in a side tag.
> I have not tried this yet.

It's less the gating itself than the work done to support mulit-builds updates
gating, where we introduced on-demand side-tag which are available in rawhide as
well as stable releases.
Thus you can now use fedpkg chain-build and point it to your side-tag in any
Fedora release.

The only thing to be aware of with stable releases is that the side-tag will be
removed once an update is created for it.
So if you need to add a build to the update, you'll have to go back to the
buildroot overrides.

Pierre