On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 16:17 +0100, Julen Landa Alustiza wrote:

> 2020(e)ko urtarrilaren 29(a) 15:56:08 (CET)-(e)an, Clement Verna
> <cve...@fedoraproject.org>-(e)k hau idatzi zuen:
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, 15:23 Julen Landa Alustiza
> > <jla...@fedoraproject.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > (snip)
> > >
> > > 20/1/29 14:49(e)an, Clement Verna igorleak idatzi zuen:
> > look at
> > > >

> > > Do we *really* *really* need to compete with other full featured git
> > > forges on features? The ODF says that this is one of the problem.
> > Well,
> > > imo we don't *really* *really* need to compete with them.
> > >

> > It depends on the use case, doing development work projects hosted on
> > pagure.io is not great in my opinion. In particular working with pull
> > requests.
> >
> I don't have excesive problems with pagure on PR workflows. Right now
> for me centos-ci is a much bigger problem for PR workflows on
> pagure.io than pagure itself for example.

So, there was an interesting talk at Devconf this year:

https://devconfcz2020a.sched.com/event/YOtV/cicd-for-fedora-packaging-with-zuul

summary: you can use Zuul as CI on Pagure. Both src.fp.o and pagure.io.
I set it up for a project with some help from Tristan Cacqueray over
the last couple of days, to try it out. It works, and it wasn't too
hard:

https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/os-autoinst-distri-fedora/pull-request/140

that PR does a lot more than just set up the Zuul CI, but the point is
that it works, see the last couple of 'success'es. The failures were
teething troubles getting the CI setup right, but it was nothing too
major (mostly boiled down to the default environment being CentOS 7,
and that distro having a very old tox that doesn't have 'py37' and
'py38' as standard environments - we just had to tweak the config to
run the tests in a Fedora 31 environment instead).

The actual work to set up the CI was not too hard: send a pull request
to a special repo to 'enable' things:

https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/os-autoinst-distri-fedora/pull-request/140

and then add just a couple of little files to the repo:

https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/os-autoinst-distri-fedora/blob/5b518d107d62e0fa9462c4ef518d05b34758f65c/f/.zuul.yaml
https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/os-autoinst-distri-fedora/blob/05cfd0aff616e0216afa35a63ac875cd4cbbe88b/f/ci/tox.yaml

Obviously don't know if it's more reliable than CentOS CI yet as I
only just turned it on, but...I wouldn't bet against it :P
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey