On 31/01/2020 12:11, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Dne 31. 01. 20 v 1:43 Neal Gompa napsal(a):
On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 6:51 PM Randy Barlow
<bowlofe...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
On Thu, 2020-01-30 at 10:30 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
cough cough errata cough cough

Honestly, sometimes the disconnect between what is going on in Fedora
and internally in Red Hat is intriguing.
I did think about Errata tool* a bit back when I worked on Bodhi.

Thank you for that.

like the idea of sharing code on one hand, but on the other hand it is
pretty oriented towards workflows that are designed for a product
release cycle. Bodhi is designed around community feedback (and now CI
feedback).

It could be interesting to hold a chat with the Errata tool developers
to see if there is interest in sharing tooling, but it may be a lot of
effort to make Errata tool flexible enough to support two pretty
different workflows. I'd be willing to have that conversation; I could
be wrong.

Of course, there is a lot of business logic specific to Red Hat projects
backed into Errata, but ultimately, it does not help to anybody if
Fedora release process is using different tools then Red Hat internally.
What Red Hat does internally should be just extension to what Fedora
does. The processes used internally should be proven in Fedora first.
This is a very nice vision that will potentially make life of Red Hat and Fedora much easier. I'm not that long in the Fedora project to know, why Fedora and Red Hat internal tools are that different, but this idea doesn't sound that bad. Few questions first:
Are those internal tools open source?
Could we as Fedora community use them?
Is there any legal issue?
Is this tool in good shape?

And talking about the git forge, what is Red Hat using internally as git forge? And then the above questions applies.

Michal

Why not go the other way? Bodhi could be extended to support the
internal product workflows.

In ideal world, Bodhi would be upstream project to Errata or possibly
Bodhi could be the open core of Errata. It does not really matter.

Vít

Role: Fedora CPE Team - Software Engineer
IRC: mkonecny
FAS: zlopez