Le 2020-02-03 17:11, David Cantrell a écrit :

Hi,

We want input from the community on what the main goal should be and
prioritize the rest. For example, is ISO reduction size more important than
improving installation time, for instance?  If so, why?

This is a nonsensical question without defining the target hardware and connectivity.

Hardware with weak CPU (chromebook) and high connectivity (fiber) will want as low compression as possible.

Hardware with low connectivity or low storage (chromebooks, vms) will want the highest possible compression; because I/O limits will wipe out any CPU win, and dnf/packagekit caches get expensive fast.

(chromebooks are problematic in all cases)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot