Hello,

perhaps it's just me but the Fedora switch to MiniDebugInfo [1] looks
incomplete.

For example, when I want to lookup the symbols of a system binary I have
to remember to use

    eu-readelf -Ws --elf-section /usr/bin/dd

instead of just being able to use `nm`.

Similarly, when disassembling parts of a system binary, `objdump`
doesn't use those symbols from the .gnu_debugdata and thus the expected
function symbol labels are missing and symbolized jump targets are bogus
(e.g. `4ea0 <__sprintf_chk@plt+0x2540>` instead of `0x4ea0
<parse_integer+112>`).

Sure, gdb automatically uses the symbols from .gnu_debugdata, but
sometimes it's easier/more convenient to use binutils.

Are there any plans to improve the Fedora MiniDebugInfo support in tools
like nm and objdump?

Best regards
Georg

[1]: cf. https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/MiniDebugInfo.html