On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:37 pm, Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:
Since cca mid-2018 there was no reply from any maintainer in Bugzillas.

Hi,

This package has been deprecated for a very long time (a decade?). Nothing should be using it anymore. Either use GDBus via PyGObject, or another D-Bus client library instead. If anybody wants to take this package, I'm sure that could be arranged. Working out a retirement plan would also be a good idea, though if there are too many rdeps it might not be practical.

Ray's probably the "maintainer" because this package used to be important for GNOME. GNOME package maintainers don't normally read or respond to many bugs in Red Hat Bugzilla. There are orders of magnitude more bugs than can be dealt with, so ignoring all the downstream bugs is usually the only practical solution. We need some script to close all the incoming bugs and ask users to report upstream instead, where the bugs can plausibly be dealt with, except in the case of downstream packaging issues or bugs we need for blocker or FE process. Until someone takes the time to write a script, the bugs are just going to continue piling up. Although, in fairness, I suppose that usual explanation maybe doesn't apply when the default assignee is a defunct mailing list....

Michael