On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 3:33 PM Code Zombie <codezombie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Kotlin is an open source project. Are there any plans to include its compiler
> in Fedora (if not already) repositories? Currently, it is installed manually
> on Linux to the best of my knowledge, but Mac systems already install it with
> HomeBrew.

You could ask the same about Dart, or any other language with an
opensource toolchain missing from Fedora.

I think it boils down to having people to do the work, which is
probably not an easy task. I'm also assuming we'd need a more
up-to-date gradle package, which might not be a trivial task, and I
suspect that the build system is probably full of "Fedora violations"
between the need for an internet access, fetching pre-built
dependencies, bundling some dependencies...

That's usually what discourages me when I look at that kind of stack:
somewhat large and full of no-nos. So I have to assume Kotlin is
missing because nobody was bold enough to take it on (or nobody on
the Fedora project is interested in Kotlin).

Dridi