On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 8:29 PM Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 11:59 AM Fabio Valentini <decatho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 7:45 PM Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > (snip)
> >
> > > The repo metadata has the property, so packagers just have to set it
> > > in Bodhi when submitting updates. It defaults to unspecified.
> >
> > It *does* default to unspecified, yes. However, when submitting an
> > update of type "security", bodhi won't let you even submit the update
> > unless you set the severity to something other than "unspecified".

(snip)

> Is there a distribution wide definition for these four severities?
> Ideally, urgent should be a high bar, and I wonder if it's possible
> many updates tagged as urgent are actually high severity?
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/blob/develop/bodhi/client/bindings.py#L262

I don't know what the policy is for this, but when I get a CVE
bugzilla filed against one of my packages, and I fix it with an
update, I set the severity of the update to be the same as the
severity of the CVE bug, and I think that's the obvious choice (also,
the names of those severities are identical, so I think that's the
intention).

Fabio