On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 07:41:56AM -0000, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > Hm, I'm not seeing these orphaned and I pretty sure I have never maintained
> > them:
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/perl-IO-Socket-Timeout
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/perl-PerlIO-via-Timeout
> >
> > bug in the script?
>
> They have been since adapted by @pghmcfc.
>
> You have never maintained them, but your package depends on them:
>
>   perl-Redis requires perl(IO::Socket::Timeout)
>   gitolite3 requires perl(Redis)
>   pagure requires gitolite3
>
> (Also perl-IO-Socket-Timeout requires perl(PerlIO::via::Timeout).)
>
> No bug in the script.  Although not the first "I have never maintained those"
> reaction at all. How to make it easier to understand by affected maintainers?

The top of the section says: "Affected (co)maintainers", so I took it as I am a
co-maintainer of that package and thus I'm affected by it being orphaned.

Maybe simply saying: "Affected (co)maintainers (either directly or via packages'
dependencies)" would make it clearer that the list takes into account the
dependency tree.

I think the best/clearer output may just be something like:
pingou: perl-IO-Socket-Timeout (in the dependency tree for pagure), foo (in the
dependency tree for bar)...
but it may be too much pain for the gain.

Pierre