On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 09:33:42PM -0700, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:52 AM Adam Williamson
> <adamw...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > Since this is an API endpoint of a real system which needs to be
> > updated correctly when the release events actually happen, it should
> > have the benefits pkgdb used to be (the information should be reliable
> > and timely)
>
> Do we have stats on how many hits per second that current endpoint receives?

It looks like it gets less than 100k/day. So, one or less per second.

> It would be a bummer to inadvertently bring down Bodhi because of this
> feature.

Agreed. We should definitely make sure if we switch to this it can
handle the load, but it doesn't seem like it will be much of a problem.

> What do you think about having Bodhi write out a flat file to disk or
> something for Apache to serve in a similar way, so it doesn't have to
> go through mod_wsgi or touch the database for that URL?

We could, but I don't think it gets enough traffic to warrent that...

Something to discuss with the Bodhi development team.

kevin