On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 at 10:54, Vít Ondruch <vondr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 01. 04. 20 v 10:37 Michal Konecny napsal(a):
>

> On 31/03/2020 20:53, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:40:55PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> ...snip...
>
> Because of switching costs, this is likely to prevent us from going back to
> Pagure if it does develop a vibrant independent community. That would be
> unfortunate.
>
> So, currently we are using pagure on src.fedoraproject.org, but it's not
> just pagure, it's a integration layer over the top of pagure too.
>
> I'd like to see if we can, as part of this: a) adjust our packaging
> workflow (as many threads on this list have talked about) and b) after
> that, try and reduce that integration layer as much as we can and c)
> hopefully make it so we could move the backend git repos / forge later
> if we wanted to without recreating a big integration layer.
>
> To be clear, you mean something like app above the dist-git where you could
> do most of the things that are needed for dist-git with git forge only being
> a package source with various branches?
>
> Something like web UI that allows you to do retirement, change notification
> settings, has links to various other systems, with on of them the git that is
> hosting the code for package, without actually thinking what git forge is
> used for the hosting?
>

> Do you mean https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/ ? :)

This is just hilarious, so after going all pagure for dist-git and
making it all work, we will now go back to pkgdb, additionally with
proprietary git backend, lol.

I mean if there is some alien race (or a human competitor) watching
what is happening in one of the leading linux distributions, they must
laugh hard. Well, we soon won't be leading.

I mean modularity...then this craziness. Why we can't have a
consistent development line that leads to continual improvements in
our ecosystem?

There is no such line it seems. It's like a crazy zig-zag that doesn't
make any sense.