Le jeudi 02 avril 2020 à 16:04 -0400, David Cantrell a écrit :

> > * We could force all ELN builds to have epoch+100 when they rebuild
> > (this has problems with future updates).
>
> No need to modify the Epoch.  And not advisable.

Wild idea (perhaps completely unworkable): upstream packagers hate
free-form if el constructs, because experience show they bitrot.

Would it be possible to formalize the kind of spec processing ELN wants
available in a set of generic operations with generic arguments (or
control variables)?

I would not mind seeing a set of ELN macro calls in my rawhide specs,
that evaluate to nothing for Fedora. *declarative* syntax is a lot less
scary maintenance-wise than free-form spec programming.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot