On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 8:57 AM Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps this has been discussed already but I found the new user side tags a
> much easier process than using buildroot overrides.
>
> Is the only *effective* difference that with a buildroot override that
> *everyone* can use it (on purpose or not) and with side tags only the creator
> (or users shared to) can use the package?
>
> Just to simply things I would be in favor of using side tags across the board
> and dropping buildroot overrides but there's probably some situations I'm not
> thinking of.

That is pretty much the only difference. That said, anyone can build
in a particular side tag once it's created, so I think this matters a
lot less than people would think.

I think once the side tag update workflow becomes more performant and
reliable, we probably could eliminate the usage of overrides.