I would like to update the ocaml-bisect-ppx package to its latest
version, 2.3.1.  It is currently on a post-1.4.1 git snapshot.  The
new version requires ocaml-ppx-tools-versioned >= 5.3.0.  That
requirement sets off a cascade of updates and rebuilds.  I am BCCing
all of the affected package maintainers.  Here is what I would like to
do, in the approximate order each would need to be done:

ocaml-migrate-parsetree: update to version 1.7.0.  I'm going to want
this version for a later ocaml-tyxml update anyway, so we may as well
do it now while we are rebuilding most of the affected packages for
other reasons.

ocaml-ppxfind: rebuild due to the ocaml-migrate-parsetree update; drop
a patch needed to work with ocaml-migrate-parsetree <= 1.5.0.

ocaml-ppx-tools-versioned: update to 5.3.0

ocaml-bisect-ppx: update to version 2.3.1

ocaml-ppx-deriving: rebuild due to the ocaml-migrate-parsetree update

ocaml-sedlex: rebuild due to the ocaml-ppx-tools-versioned update

ocaml-lwt: update to version 5.2.0

ocaml-curl: update to version 0.9.1 (it needs rebuilding anyway due to
the ocaml-lwt update)

ocaml-lwt-log: rebuild due to the ocaml-lwt update

ocaml-ounit: rebuild due to the ocaml-lwt update

ocaml-zmq: rebuild due to the ocaml-lwt update

ocaml-lambda-term: update to version 2.0.3 (it needs rebuilding anyway
due to the ocaml-bisect-ppx and ocaml-lwt updates)

ocaml-markup: rebuild due to the ocaml-bisect-ppx update

ocaml-tyxml: rebuild due to the ocaml-ppx-tools-versioned update

utop: update to version 2.4.3 and BR ocaml-bisect-ppx-devel for the
tests.  I see that this package is orphaned.  I'll take it if nobody
else wants it.

If any package maintainers object to this plan, please let me know.  I
can submit git pull requests if you prefer to do it that way, but in
that case please do not start a build after merging as all of these
builds will need to be done together.  I have done all of the builds
noted above in mock on an x86_64 machine with no problems.

Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/