On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 01:19:29PM +0200, Petr Šabata wrote:
> Details in the gist:
> https://gist.github.com/contyk/0aaaaf0585c57976ca18a293b3566408

I'm very interested in overriding the global settings:

(1) Is it possible to override them from a modulemd when building a module?

I guess the asnswer is define %_with_ and %_without_ macros in
a buildopts/rpms/macros section of the module. Could elaborate more
the "Compatibility with RPM's --with & --without options" section?

Please note hat the RPM options and the macros have three states (true, false,
undefined) and %_with_foo 0 does not turn %bcond_without foo into false.
I don't ask about preserving a compatibility with this silly semantics, but
some clarification will be needed if this proposal becomes approved.

(2) Is it possible to override them on a per-package basis?

E.g. I have ncurses in global.yaml:

    - name: ncurses
      enabled: true

and I have plenty of packages that use the ncurses feature in my module. What
should I write to my modulemd so that "ncurses" feature for "pcre" package is
disabled, but all the other packages have it enabled? Or is it a completelly
illed request to have the same feature enabled at one package and disabled on
another one?

-- Petr