I adopted the maven-verifier-plugin package a while ago because it's a
dependency of a dependency of a package I care about and I didn't want
it to get retired. Now it is time to pay the piper. With the Java 11
change[1], maven-verifier-plugin fails to build. I know even less
about Java than I do about most other things, so I'm hoping someone
else can help (or feel free to take on this package if you want).

I tried bumping to the latest upstream and building in COPR[2] but it
fails in a way that I don't understand. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Java11
[2]
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/bcotton/maven-verifier-plugin-java11/fedora-32-x86_64/01371998-maven-verifier-plugin/