Hi,

I think I owe some in the Fedora project an apology.

I feel like some good people where caught in the crossfire who were never intended to be with my words. I do not believe it to be true nor was it intended to be taken as "all Linux distros and their software maintainers are evil". I understand that, if nothing else, Fedora and others takes the route it does in order to be safe rather than sorry. That doesn't mean I agree with it, but it should never be confused with malicious intentions either, which I may very well have given off I was accusing innocent people of. There are no doubt many in the Fedora project that try to make right for everyone whenever and however possible, sometimes going above and beyond to do so. Those people deserve praise and compliments, not criticism or negativity thrown in their direction.

I'm very sorry to all those people.

I should take the time to say that, despite what some may think, I don't hate Fedora. I guess for those that don't know how nerdy I am for Fedora Silverblue, it would be easy to get the idea that I somehow hate everything Fedora does. This isn't remotely the case. I've been poking Fedora Silverblue every beta release trying to see if it's ready to take Arch Linux's spot when it goes south, and while it and the number of Flatpaks have improved and are still improving, they and Fedora aren't ready for me personally. If I was to recommend someone else who had less strict requirements(nvidia/rolling/software availability) a Linux distro though, Fedora Silverblue would probably be it.

I should also be clear here that I'm not, in shape or form anyway, apologizing to anyone who actually believes that which amounts to "Open Source projects are nothing without Linux distros and their packagers". I do not feel like I owe anyone who thinks or claims such anything.

Again, very sorry.