On 5/23/20 11:26 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 11:22 PM Paul Dufresne via devel
> <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> It's completely toast on Linux for the same reason FatELF was: nobody liked
> it.

I think this is different than FatELF. The idea of FatELF, is that it
contains the generated code for more than one CPU (as I understand it).
This means that some of the FatELF you don't need because it is not for
your CPU. But I propose to not distribute any code for your CPU, only
high-level assembler (LLVM code). Optimizing the high-level assembler on
your own computer, you get the optimizations for your CPU, where more
normal methods have to choose base common characteristics of the CPU family.