I am +1 for this change, I don't have any numbers but from day-to-day
usage, both my systems seem far more responsive when swapping to zram
instead of swap.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 8:56 AM Kevin Kofler <kevin.kof...@chello.at> wrote:

> I do not think it is safe to assume that zram is sufficient to completely
> replace disk swap. We do not know how much RAM is actually available on
> all
> users' machines, and the compressibility of RAM contents depends on the
> individual user's workloads.

I believe having zram as a high priority swap and then normal swap with
lower priority to be used when zram gets filled up might be an option too
(I am not saying we should go that route, just mentioning it's a
possibility).