On Fri, 2020-06-05 at 13:58 -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-06-05 at 21:18 +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 9:11 PM Jeff Law <l...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Yes.  I thought we bumped up that bug in the database so that it'd get
> > > some
> > > attention in the gcc-10 cycle.  But I couldn't follow it myself, so I
> > > don't know
> > > what happened.
> >
> > Sorry for being off-topic, but can you (Jeff) please not respond to
> > the mailing list digest and amend the Subject line manually?
> > I think it screws up the In-Reply-To (?) header in emails, so every
> > new email from you creates a new thread (for clients that support
> > this) ...
> > Right now, this is the 16th thread for this topic in my inbox. It
> > makes it *really really hard* to follow the discussion.
> Yea.  Dominique and Florian have both reached out to me privately.  It's an
> artifact of consuming the list in -digest form and evolution not having a way
> explode the digest for individual replies AFAICT.
>
> I'm using Dominique's suggestion and hoping it helps, though it is somewhat
> painful.  Thankfully I don't (usually) have to interact a lot on fedora-devel
> so
> just short term pain for me as we figure out if/how to move forward on the
> compiler stuff.

I am glad I resisted till this point, as I was going to be the Nth to
contact you privately about it :-)

One way you could use, if it works better, is to import archives and
then reply from there, not sure if this is any less painful then
replying from hyperkitty.

Another way is to subscribe to the full list instead of digest but have
an aggressive archive policy in evolution to clean your fedora-devel
folder (see auto-archive in folder properties).

HTH,
Simo.

--
Simo Sorce