Hi Erich ,
Sorry , I thought the primary focus was to find a new de to shift to .
Improving Gnome in terms of reducing resource usage (and in general ) seems
pretty nice . I'd be happy to have another de I can work smoothly with :)
This might not be relevant but if you install pantheon de , you can switch
to gnome on the logout screen (even if you didn't install it ) and it
basically brings gnome shell with pantheon apps .
I felt it was a bit smoother than normal gnome ( I didn't test this
extensively but everything seemed to work fine ) .Maybe this can help in
some way ?
Thanks ,
Harsh