Le lundi 06 juillet 2020 à 13:06 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :

> Because the build state exists in koji only, there is no need to
> commit back to git.

BTW I’m fairly certain I could have managed to implement the thing
without adding source files to the SRPM, removing the need for mock
changes of for back commits. It would have involved creating a separate
subpackage for the state payload (à la debuginfo) with past state
floating in this subpackage without ever being commited back. Much like
the koji implementation makes changelog and release state float in a
koji alternate dimension that is not Fedora git or the package sources.

I decided against it because that would have made importing from one
buildsystem to another quite inconvenient, and because it would have
added a lot of (brittle) implementation complexity.

These days my coding is very data-model driven, the right data model
means a smaller and more future-proof implementation, the fact the
autobump implementation is such a small diff shows the data model is
right, IMHO

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot