On 7/9/20 9:15 PM, Josef Bacik wrote:
> On 7/9/20 9:30 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:

>>> This test is run constantly by us, specifically because it's the error
>>> cases that get you.  But not for crash consistency reasons, because we're
>>> solid there.  I run them to make sure I don't have stupid things like
>>> reference leaks or whatever in the error path.  Thanks,
>>
>> or "corrupted!" printk()s that terrify the hapless user? ;)
>
> I'd love to know what hapless user is running xfstests.  Thanks,

*sigh*

the point is, telling the user "your filesystem is corrupted" if it's not
actually corrupted is bad news.  Discovering that communication problem via
xfstests does not make the concern less valid.  I was trying to gently tease
you that the test not only discovers leaks, but also discovers terrifyingly
inaccurate messages in response to IO errors, but I guess that didn't come
through.

Thanks.

-Eric