On 2020-07-14 19:29, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Yup, AFAIK  "Tiling Extension" is
> https://github.com/kwin-scripts/kwin-tiling. In fact, I think is the
> best option available, but it happens sometimes on non-weekend days
> that it becomes buggy and unstable, and it's pain, kwin crashes, I
> have to use openbox, to recover it the session control, but I think
> that is when I open Thunderbird for my job...

I have not experienced such crashes.  What I do encounter now and then
is the compositor being disabled due to it crashing and kwin-tiling very
much depends on the compositor.  My $HOME is mounted via NFS on several
workstations of various hardware quality.  Some have Nvidia and that
seems to be where most of my problems are.

My only other complaint is trying to move a separate chromium-browser
window into another so as to merge tabs.  That gets a little weird
because things seem confused as to whether I wish to make this one
browser window the new master or merge it into the master.  What I've
found works rather reliably is to make the window that's to receive the
tab the master and then drag the other tab into its tab bar.

In any case, the few hassles I encounter are so much less time demanding
than all the window management I manually did before adopting
kwin-tiling.  If I could only have "focus follows eyes", I'd be quite
happy in the WM serving me rather than the other way around.  :-)

John Florian