On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 at 01:12, Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08. 08. 20 1:03, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > On 08. 06. 20 16:49, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> as a maintainer of the python2.7 package I was surprised to see it
> being built
> >> for ELN and I like to start a discussion on whether and how can I opt
> out this
> >> deprecated package from ELN.
> >>
> >> Since there is no tracker or dedicated mailing list, I am following the
> advice
> >> given somewhere else on devel, to use this list, possibly with the
> [ELN]
> >> marker in subject.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >
> > After couple months, I still see python2.7, python3.8 and python3.6
> being build
> > in ELN, despite them being marked as unwanted in
> >
> > https://github.com/minimization/content-resolver-input
> >
> > While I understand that python2.7 might still be pulled in as dependency
> by
> > other ELN packages (presumably gimp), I don't understand why is
> python3.8 and
> > python3.6 built.

Looking at the current unwanted list, both python3.8 and python 3.6 are not
present anymore.
https://tiny.distro.builders/view-unwanted--view-eln--x86_64.html

However, looking at the buildroot, they're still there
https://tiny.distro.builders/view-buildroot--view-eln--x86_64.html

In the tool, the current unwanted lists won't mark packages on the
buildroot list,
but they probably should. I'll look into that.

> > Is there anybody from the ELN SIG who would help me solve this?
> >
> > Is this the proper communication channel?

> In case it is not, I've also opened
>
> https://github.com/minimization/content-resolver-input/issues/162
>
> --
> Miro Hrončok