Hi,

> Il giorno 9 set 2020, alle ore 00:19, Fabio Valentini <decatho...@gmail.com>
> ha scritto:
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> So, after some recent FESCo decisions (no default module streams in
> fedora, new Module Policy for fedora and ELN modules), it's time to
> ask this question again:
>
> What's the future of the Java Stack in fedora, and by extension, in
> ELN (and possibly RHEL)?

… snip

IMHO we could package only the JDK and let the user use Java software directly
from upstream.
Usually upstream means Apache, which is a trusted source, and Java users are
smart enough to manage the Java packages.
I usuali do so when using maven, hadoop, tomcat, etc.
I think this solution could be valid for any other language, like php, python:
packaging only the base language and anything that is not available in
executable formats.

This is my personal opinion, your effort in supporting such huge Java stack has
always been appreciated, also because I find it difficult packaging Java
software.

Ciao

Guido
FAS: tartina