Dne 11. 09. 20 v 11:03 Hans de Goede napsal(a):

> On 9/11/20 10:16 AM, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
>
>> Another, more concrete example: core Ant doesn't have any dependencies
>> beyond JDK. It is easy to build and maintain, yet very functional. On
>> the other hand, full Ant with all the optional tasks depends on more
>> than 200 Java packages. For the purpose of building all packages that
>> I am interested in, core Ant with JUnit tasks (total of 3 packages) is
>> sufficient. Functionalities of Ant like sending emails or image
>> processing are obviously not needed in this case. If building other
>> packages is the only use of Ant then it can be maintained much more
>> easily (3 instead of ~250 packages). But when Ant is ursine package in
>> Fedora then it should be the full Ant - we can't claim to deliver Ant
>> to users while it is just part of it. Eclipse in Fedora requires full
>> Ant too.
>
> So if you say that you only need the minimal Ant, and I guess many
> packages only need the minimal Ant to build, then why not have
> an ant-minimal package, like we have a vim-minimal ?
>
> Now I guess that vim-minimal and "proper" vim are both build from the
> same source-rpm; and normally we never allow 2 srpms with the same
> upstream sources in them. But I think that in this case we could make
> an exemption where there is a separate pkg-git and srpm for an
> ant-minimal
> which you would maintain.
>
> And then the community / java-sig can maintain the full Ant as I believe
> is already happening since we do have an ant packaged in Fedora 33 atm.

How this reduce the workload? As far as I understand, there is currently
Ant minimal in module and full featured Ant as ursine package and both
companies complain (more or less) that they want to do less.

And of course one of the ideas of modularity were that you have one
repository, actually one branch, and from there you build Ant for module
and the same Ant as a ursine package, but apparently, there are
different needs. Therefore Ant has to be maintained twice.

Vít