On 11.09.2020 18:42, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> I'm not enthusiastic about build-time-only packages, but if the choice
> is between that and retiring the packages (or hiding them in modules
> which has the same effect), I'll take it.

This will be Modularity 2.0. All packages must be installable if the end
user wants to do so.

Check header-only C++ libraries packaging. They provide only the -devel
and virtual -static subpackages and can be easily installed in Koji/mock
or directly.

Also check Rust packaging. They build crates to a separate packages and
use them only for the static linkage.

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)