Daniel Pocock wrote:
> One issue I've come across is that a btrfs filesystem can only be used
> on hosts with the same page size as the host that created the filesystem

Ewww! That alone should disqualify btrfs as a default file system!

Why does a file system depend on the kernel page size? The kernel page size
is an internal implementation detail of the kernel, whereas a file system
ought to be a stable interchange format that is compatible across all
machines.

It is unfortunate that this showstopper was not mentioned when the switch to
btrfs by default was proposed.

        Kevin Kofler