On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 01:30:26PM -0400, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> 'its broke'
> 'yes I know its broke.. I just need the header files'
> 'well I need it to work' 'well fix it yourself'
> 'no that is your job.. it says you OWN THE PACKAGE'.
> 'I just own it to build foobar'
> 'too bad.. i am taking this to lwn/slashdot/twitter/reddit'

Set the owner to an alias with an explanatory name, auto-reply to bugs and
email with a bot message that explains the situation and links to more
information for people who want to help. And then if that gets taken to LWN,
*fine*.

> I think that if we are going to have 'extra' packages which are needed for
> 'core' packages, we should be explicit and own the fact that this 'package

Or some sort of ... modular ... composition system for defining and building
packages in this way? :)

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>